Monday, January 28, 2013

Small Mercies

giving thanks for small mercies...

~ Bethan said after an hour in the church's prayer room, "I felt like I was floating on God's air."

~ Tom's sickness gave me more time to catch Abi up in Literature

~Lost a few pounds during the fast, even though it wasn't my goal and I was eating most of the time, just vegan.

~I have help coming this time that we are taking in a Safe Family child.

********************************************************************************

I have been pondering my friend's comment to me.  To the effect that "most people don't think family is a place to serve.  They start a family to fulfill themselves.  I think the Proverbs 31 woman did all to Enable her husband to be at the gate.  She did it from her base, to serve him."  I find in this a grid to lay over that Proverb.  We know from Genesis:

And the LORD God said, [It is] not good  that the man  should be  alone;  I will make  him an help meet for him (2:18).

that we are called to be a helpmeet to our husbands.  We also know they are Very Different.  Some like to be in the background, some to take center stage.  All are called to Head their family.... so our helpmeeting will look different, the specifics of it.  If he is moving in a direction, our specifics will support that in any way we can. 

No comments: