I did it! I wrote my 1,000th gift in my Thanksgiving journal the day before the feast. It took 1 1/2 years...
many weren't written but thought--and that's OK, because that's the point. I've learned to breathe in the moment a little better, to enjoy a little more, to stir my heart to joy and its worth it. We can choose joy--to gaze at the Son and the good things he's giving. So here are a few:
#996 Bethan helping load the dishes
#997 Jim Gill music kids love
#998 an encouragement letter from Chad
#999 love feast at homegroup-beautiful, and i didn't have to do it
#1000 chat w/Lisette...finally!
I bought my Journal when I stepped off Turkish Air into the Istanbul airport. In a shop with hanging lamps and Turkish delight, I found Jesus. His face popped off the cover--it was crafted of many tiny pieces of brokeness... all put together Eastern style into a beautiful something. I love that Constantinian mosaic. In this world of brokeness, I can sigh and feel sick at the sin, so I need to remember his goodness. Receiving the love in little ways breaks my despondency and restores my vision of Him--the Giver, the Lover, the Creator, the Mighty One who pursues me.

1 comment:
1,000 Gifts....it IS a good thing!
Post a Comment