Ethiopia said tonight, "God and Jesus are matching!" To emphasize her point, she held up both pointer fingers, "They are two. They are matching!"
"Yes!" I exclaimed with joy, so happy to know she is learning despite the language barrier.
Today I did a picture walk through of Acts 13 where Paul talks about Jewish history up to the present time. I was amazed by how he punctuated his speech with numbers (a memorization technique?) and how well my kids were able to recreate my illustration in their own drawn/painted ones.
I am enjoying this journey through Acts with the kids. It helps me stay focused in my own Bible study, it gives me a chance to communicate the Bible knowledge I have stored up from thousands of sermons I've heard, and it reminds me of the power of God.
I am shocked by the omission of certain types of stories from children's Bibles. The kids love it when I tell them, "This bible story is only in the Adult Bible"--usually its one that has a sorcerer or magician in it. Why are these omitted? I wonder. They are so powerful.
I am surprised by the prominent place of the prophetic gift in Acts. /Repeatedly, prophetic men and women nail sin issues like, "You are full of bitterness!" or direct the church "There will be famine, we need to collect money..." Prophets led the church in Syrian Antioch. This has made me want to tune in more to what God is saying to me. Reading at the same time, a book called "The Intuitive Child,"I am convinced of the prevalence of this gift. The book is not Christian, however, it points to the predictive gift many people use on a regular basis. I don't think I am in general an intuitive or prophetic person; however, I believe that God has directed me or given me words of knowledge I otherwise would not have known except by his revelation. So recently I felt God direct me to find a "Debbie" and sensed that he wanted me to let her know we had a place for her to stay if she needed it. I walked to the front of the church after service and looked for a Debbie. And there right next to me was a woman who I though maybe was Debbie. I should have known her name, being in a group with her for several weeks, but I had forgotten, "What is your name again?" She says, "Debbie."
Whoa.
No comments:
Post a Comment