And the LORD answered me: “Write the vision; make it plain on tablets, so he may run who reads it. Habakkuk 2:2
Saturday, October 1, 2011
Caramel corn
Childhood never returns to us...but there are things that bring home back vividly...making my mom's caramel corn is like that. Takes me back to the warmth of home where mom made a big batch to take out to the farm...Laughing aunties greeted us as they poured their chili into the big ol' pot on the open fire. Bumping our way along the edge of the fields at Aunt Francie's, cousins sang, laughed and teased on hayrides in the dark. We often ended our fall get together with big ol' bonfire or huddled around the space heater in the pole barn. (Didn't someone throw a fish on that space heater and fry it so that its skeleton was emblazed upon it?)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
That caramel corn you sent was SO good! And don't forget the haunted house/barn. I remember aborted pig fetuses floating in 'something' and a masked man running from a dark corner revving his chainsaw. I always felt like I had to apologise to God for going in the spook house. And yet I always went.
and those bonfires could have been seen from space!
Aborted pig fetuses!!!
Post a Comment