Saturday, September 17, 2011

Finally finished!

 

"Finished" used very loosely... haha I made so many mistakes on this gutter shelf...all visible on the front :-) But I'm glad to have it on the wall stably. Its much more cozy in person than in this photo, but you get the idea. This space is narrow at the top of the stairs and is a sort of hall to the back room. I've had trouble having any furniture there, yet the wall seemed to bare. Now it serves a delightful purpose--to lure the children to read books they may not usually see or pick from the shelves.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Sarah said...

We did shelves @ our house for books for the kids - made out of vinyl rain gutter. Pic is here - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=391941209440&set=a.225618459440.128996.761159440&type=1&theater

The kids love them, and you're right - totally access books that normally get lost on a shelf.

mummers said...

For the very same reason, the school libraries display books on top of the shelves - gotta see that cover art!

Good job, Hols! The only way you learn to hammer is to swing it! Grandpa Schreiner would be proud of you!

wyofaith said...

I love this Holly! its great for us guests too!