Friday, June 10, 2011

Ministry of Motherhood study

Discussion of c. 4 1. Romans 2:4 says that its his KINDNESS that leads to repentance. I believe that when my children are acting crazy and I desire their change of heart that that is the time I need to draw on his power to be humble not harsh, loving not livid and persuasive with gentle words of love. That's not possible in my own strength!! But he promises that "He has given us everything we need for life and godliness." 2. I think extending grace to my kids as Jesus did w/ Peter's failure means not necessarily with holding consequences to their sin, but offering forgiveness and treating them gently... I notice that especially T will try to deceive me if he senses that I'm going to be really upset with him. I need to work on gentleness so that they expect it and have an open door to expose their sin. 3. After Jesus confronts Peter w/the fact that he wd deny Christ, he talks about how he will receive him. Its like he has already forgiven him before Peter does it. I need to work on maintaining an attitude of acceptance of my children at all times esp. when they have stepped out of the "blessing circle". 4. As I faithfully discipline and correct my children, I need to maintain this gentle attitude in order to give them the gift of grace/forgiveness.

No comments: