1 Jn 1:9 "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." This verse is truly the prescription for relief from guilt and shame. I like the word "cleanse" ...its usually used in conjunction with icky sticky ugly things--and the removal of them. The verse is a reminder that God doesn't want us to continue to identify with our sin--making it a part of our person--he wants us to erase the ugly we have done. As a parent, it has taken a deep work for me to experience this cleansing in regard to my past failures and mistakes with my kids. But today I walk in greater freedom from shame and guilt than I have before.
And the LORD answered me: “Write the vision; make it plain on tablets, so he may run who reads it. Habakkuk 2:2
Saturday, June 11, 2011
1 Jn 1:9 "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." This verse is truly the prescription for relief from guilt and shame. I like the word "cleanse" ...its usually used in conjunction with icky sticky ugly things--and the removal of them. The verse is a reminder that God doesn't want us to continue to identify with our sin--making it a part of our person--he wants us to erase the ugly we have done. As a parent, it has taken a deep work for me to experience this cleansing in regard to my past failures and mistakes with my kids. But today I walk in greater freedom from shame and guilt than I have before.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment