"Blessed be any wind that blows us into the port of our Saviour's love!" Spurgeon
I've pulled out the old Laura Ingalls Wilder books. Last night I read an inscription on the top of the page from my sister Beth with the date, 1982, "I LOVE this woman!"
I've been mulling on what Ma tells Laura about life, she says that life is trouble within and without and the sooner one accepts it, the easier it will be. Wow. I wish I would have started thinking that way a long time ago. I guess my life was pretty easy for a long time and so it wasn't necessary. Not that I'm in a bad season right now, but the reality of life is darker than I perceived before. Not that I don't have hope. I do. But pain and suffering in the world just doesn't go away and the longer I live the more i hear of it ;-).
As much as I try, I can't keep this blog light. Ahh!!
5 comments:
"I guess my life was pretty easy for a long time and so it wasn't necessary"....isn't that called denial?
I think denial is when you're aware of the pain but don't want to look at it ... you seem to be saying, Hols, that you were not aware of this pain, no?
Denial is a coping mechanism...One is not always aware of the pain IMHO, Cin. Hi Cin...let's just converse on Holly's blog!
Any port in a storm, Joane Girl! I get you about denial, I think. Are you saying that we slip into denial sometimes at the first moment of pain, sort of a knee-jerk reaction without stopping to consider what we are using it on?
yes and no. denial was part of avoiding the pain of chad's addiction and what that meant--for the last couple years, but before that it was actually easy and relatively pain free...I just didn't have many storms that really rocked my boat...just some mild ones. As I have had children and experienced the pain of that love...abi being in the hospital, the molar prego, my sibs having family troubles etc... that is when the real pain began.
Post a Comment