Monday, September 22, 2008

Is avoidance more painful than embracing suffering?


Can I embrace suffering if I obey the Father and trust him to bring greater good to me through the pain than if I avoided it? Do I believe He is good? Can I truly say, "They meant it for evil, but he meant it for good?" Submission to my loving husband has brought suffering to me--He is human and a sinner just like me. Can I let go of my fear of suffering to embrace Chad's vision wholly, completely in faith in my Father God's love for me, and his omnipotence--to bring good to me regardless of any negative outcome?

Spurgeon says, "Faith standeth in God's power, and is robed in God's majesty; it weareth the royal apparel, and rideth on the King's horse, for it is the grace which the King delighteth to honour. Girding itself with the glorious might of the all-working Spirit, it becomes, in the omnipotence of God, mighty to do, to dare, and to suffer."

6 comments:

joan.ekimball said...

I thought that if God called Chad, He would make that calling clear to you as well. Is this not so?

Holly said...

i wd say no...the general picture, yes, is clear. the fuzzy specifics cause the trouble.

joan.ekimball said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
joan.ekimball said...

He clearly calls you in the fuzzy specifics as well. Yes?

Holly said...

The call to submit is clear and i.e. I am "called". However, my feelings don't always aline with the call. I like how my friends describe this in between. They say, "We are pursuing unity until we get it." "Pursuing unity" to me means sharing my thoughts and feelings with Chad, opening myself to process fears with God and let Him guide me into faith and trust and that takes time..

Holly said...

align