Felt convicted by a song called, "By Your Side" by Sade. If I'm hurt, I can say I forgive and be civil...even kind, but its hard to be tenderhearted. Her song nails the spirit of forgiveness for me. Something I'm aiming for...
you think i'd leave your side baby
you know me better than that
you think i'd leave you down when you're down on your knees
i wouldn't do that
i'll tell you you're right when you want
and if only you could see into me
ha ah ah ah ah ah
oh when you're cold
i'll be there
hold you tight to me
when you're on the outside baby and you can`t get in
i will show you you're so much better than you know
when you're lost and you're alone and you cant get back again
i will find you darling and i will bring you home
and if you want to cry
i am here to dry your eyes
and in no time
you'll be fine
7 comments:
Sweets, you're gonna make it all the way to Tenderhearted. Your Papa God is opening the door...
you are my greatest fan mom!!
HOw do you remain tenderhearted and still have enough toughness that you don't go under everytime people hurt you?
This is a tough issue for me as well. I tend to hang pretty heavy in the tough love catagory. Is it better to be tender hearted towards those that are with you for the long haul and develop a bit of a skin for those who aren't?
Like, develop tenderness towards Ron but not so much for the people who are completely messed up that I am trying to minister to?
I am afraid I would be swallowed alive by the people who are so needy that they want to suck me dry and move on.
Faithie, your Dad recommends being tenderhearted and getting in their boat. THEN when they know you care, speak the words they need to hear in love, but speak them clearly. However, I also understand the "huge, great, sucking noise". Let's talk more at Christmas when we can do a thorough job of it, okay?
Yeah cause I've been hit on the head with a paddle and pushed out of the boat many a time. Fighting the fear of boats. I am actually rocking in my chair, thinking of seeing you.
making up a tune to the song I don't know..........
We need new posts!
Amen! Time to crank out a new one, Hols! Suggested topics: Wierdest gift idea on T.V., What I would Love to find under the Tree if Money were No Object, People who randomly Capitalize, Best Christmas Cookie, Wild Mexican Christmas Decorations You Can Replicate, Best Use for Popsicle Sticks for Christmas ... Ways to Restrict your Mother from Commenting on Your Blog ... it just goes on... :)
Post a Comment