After my last post and days of crying out to God in desperation, he spoke a simple word to me, "Help is on the way."
After waiting still another week, he brought help in 3 ways. A class, a program and a therapist. The program I am in is called "Real Life Behavior Plan" by Melissa Corkum. Between the class on Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder and this Program, I have got some real answers. Who knew? I am beginning to understand the invisible disability my child has. This is the source of all the struggles I mentioned. Its amazing how the program has addressed how the behavior I am dealing with causes parents to have the exact feelings I described. Anyone who has a developmentally delayed child with executive functioning and emotional regulation issues may understand what I am talking about. The result has been that I have become way more emotionally regulated and patient with my child. PRAISE THE LORD. This enables me to connect more with her, which helps her emotionally regulate as well. We have had a good week. This program is exactly what I need and what I have been looking for for years. Glory to God.
Real Life Behavior Plan Program
This link above was the page I initially saw and I was all the bullet points!
No comments:
Post a Comment