Monday, June 6, 2016

Dream Big with Your Teenagers!!

I met Marianne Sunderland because I wanted to get help with my special needs child.  I was surprised to find this mother of 8, had 7 dyslexic children.  I was even more surprised to find out her son had set a world record sailing around the world at age 16!

Zac sunderland


This woman had a peace about her and a positive attitude.  She had heartfelt faith in confronting family challenges and home school challenges.  I can only imagine that these same qualities gave her the fortitude to release her son to such an amazing challenge and encourage him through it.  Wow.

Her husband talked about what he felt teens today needed to thrive.  Watch at 4:03  Its so inspiring.
I want to raise teenagers that dream big  and have the character to carry it out.  I don't want to buy into a youth culture that's all play and socializing and miss the awesome possibilities in their reach...
I also don't want to get so caught up in my children's weaknesses that I miss their strengths.  I want to have God's vision for their lives....and speak it into them!

No comments: