Thursday, March 17, 2016

Biblical basis for Education

"I'm a missionary overseas, and am thinking about school options for my kindergardener... what do you think?"  A friend recently asked me along with many other folks.  So here's my reply.

Study these Scriptures:

Deut 6
6 These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. 7 Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. 

Col 3
8 See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary principles of the world, [h]rather than according to Christ.

Pr 1
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge (REPEATED 100X in this book ;-))

Hear, my son, your father’s instruction
And do not forsake your mother’s teaching

2 Tim 3:16
16 All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; 17 so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.

Lk 2
Didn't you know I had to be about my Father's business?


Our starting point for figuring out how to raise and educate our children is the Word.  What we learn from its pages we need to apply to life.  For my husband and I, our conclusion was the best way to obey these verses and take them to heart was to homeschool.  

No comments: