Friday, April 19, 2013

Therapy

Sometimes our answer doesn't come how we imagine it would.  This AM I got up early to take Rosebud to the counselor.  Its a long drive to the Northside through rush hour traffic during our normal homeschool hours.  I had to prepare ahead to be gone and shuffle school around again (It seems I am doing alot of that lately)-- and its a major EFFORT just to go.  I feel a bit anxious too...she gave me a test and Abi tells if I pass--an affirmation test.  And I wonder if it is worth it.

I hear Him speak to me, "It doesn't matter what she says or doesn't say--the important thing is going." And I know in my heart that just taking the time to work on our relationship speak love to Abi if neither of us change very quickly.  She will know down the line that I cared enough to lay myself and my time on the line to make things better between us. 

Coming home I feel relieved...more assured that I am going to the right counselor.  She seems to know us without us having to share very much.  She doesn't exaggerate or minimize our problems but gently pushes us to make small changes.  I like that she is as old as my mom.  I like her wrinkled face and knowledgeable laugh.  I didn't think God's Answer for me would take so much effort (and money).  I have long sought an Answer.  However surprising, I am thankful, for Chad's urging and support and for someone to get in my business and help me along.

3 comments:

joan.ekimball said...

Good move Hols. Long time ago Chad told me NOT to consider how much counseling was costing Dad and I. I never forgot.

joan.ekimball said...

This is from over 7 years ago or so…still true


chadhols: i was glad to hear u guys ar ein counseling
 chadhols: keep counseling 

chadhols: dont stop

chadhols: its worth the $$

j7kimball: we start next
wk
chadhols: will give u more peace than a new car or a remodeled home

j7kimball: pray


chadhols: k i wil

chadhols: if i was getting counseling i would wear a sign that said "i'm getting counseling and you should to cause neither of us are ok"


Holly said...

ha ha ha--i like that Tshirt. so chad.