Sunday I was supposed to teach the 3rd through 6th grade (around 20 girls). I ended up with all the girls from K-6th...about 40 girls. Thankfully, my inspiration for the day was easily adapted. We listened to the movie of
The Father's Love Letter
then made a book of "Valentines from God". The girls decorated their books and each page was a valentine, "He delights over me with singing" (Zeph 3:17) or "He loves me with an everlasting love".... The older girls pitched in to help the Kindergartners write... girls served snacks to each other and cleaned up the giant mess really fast. I was proud of them!
James & Chad helped me set up youtube worship with some of our favorite songs from home like "The Fruit of the Spirit's not a coconut" and "Amazed". Stressful, but manageable--It was all for the best---to enlarge the children's understanding of God's love for them.
No comments:
Post a Comment