Saturday, January 5, 2013

The Hidden Place

 Wrapped in obscurity, called to an immeasurable work--to a hidden place.  Asked to give with no test, no grade, no paycheck to reward me.  Asked to give with no thank you to those who can not return the favor.  Asked to give when the receiver may die tomorrow.  Asked to pour out.  Continually.

Oswald Chambers poses in My Utmost for His Highest: "[Am I] willing to spend and be spent; not seeking to be ministered unto, but to minister?"

"Jesus said that those who live for themselves will actually have an unfulfilled life, but those who lose for their lives for His sake will really experience life."

 "For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus' sake, so that his life may be revealed in our mortal bodies.” (2 Corinthians 4:11) Christine Hoover

My "yes" to Him is possible because of Him, because of His Presence that consumes my sacrifice. His presence so deeply satisfies my need.  I become full.  I pour over in the hidden place.

"With arms wide open, heart exposed
With arms wide open, bleeding, sometimes bleeding"
 
Misty Edwards

No comments: