Wednesday, December 12, 2012

This hill made low.

Handel's Messiah started my morning

"Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill made low--"

A Bath I forgot
water rushing from the tub pouring through the drywall ceiling of the basement.  "Everyone out of here!!"  "Abi get a 5 gallon bucket!"  "Get out of the water!!"  "The drywall is wet in the basement!!"
"Should we take  the cover off the mattress and wash it to keep it from being brown?"

A child crying of loneliness from the tub, kids studying; consolations-- "We won't leave you!" "Someone left you, didn't they?" "But why, mom?" and on and on
then confessions--"I wish everyone was brown in this family."

and lots of confusion--"The letter I gets bullied by N into saying 'E'"  So wing is "weeng" and ....."win"? He screams and white knuckles his pencil ready to tear through his mistake. Wait wait wait!  Only when "N" has his gang of "G" or "N" does he gang up on "I" to say "E"--

I feel so tense.

And I have mountains that need to be leveled, and valleys raised up...  Mountains of pride...valley's of lack of love, mountains of anger and frustrations, valleys of lack of listening, mountains disrespect and valley's of self...

And so I am laying myself out, Lord roll over me....steamroll the highway of our God in my life.

"Prepare ye the way of the Lord: make straight in the desert a highway for our God."

Let me
1 Talk to each child as if they were the only one in the room.
2 Respect Chad as unto you.
3 Listen to my tween.

1 comment:

Holly said...

Ijust read it asome -abi