Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Newtown, CT & New City, Chicago

Reading the past few days on the tragedy of Newtown... hearing the sermons, seeing the devestation on the faces of the people of that community.  I feel for you.  I feel your pain and I hug my little 5 almost 6 year old a little closer.  I am grieving with you--your happiness dashed, your security threatened, your children anxious....
 
And I am praying, "Lord let your kingdom COME!" Be established here on earth--and I do my part.  Youshare.org said a homeless mom of three kids just got an apartment.  Yea!  But she has nothing in it.  I called this stranger, asked if I could come over.  The kids and I poured our hearts into a few garbage bags and left with her.  Kingdom of God COME!  We are his light in this world.  The darkness may grow darker but our lights can shine brighter....

There were other youshare requests I couldn't respond to, but maybe you could.  Safe Family child of mom with mental illness needs a place for a few weeks as the mom just had a baby.  Safe Families steps in when folks are under stress--to give relief... and help prevent tragedy...

I can't get over the faces of the folks at Newtown--the blotchy red rimmed eyes, the teenagers hugging each other close... Father have mercy on these people.  Show them your love today.

No comments: