Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Smoke Rising

When I see the path of death that some choose to walk on, I feel so afraid...I wrote this to describe my feelings about news I received and a house fire I witnessed three blocks away:

"You're burning your house down and the smoke stings my eyes
and makes me nauseous
The smoke is billowing and scars are sure
We all stand and stare at the flames
But you are too busy shopping real estate
to notice."

Somehow witnessing the flaming house stirs such a fire in me to live radically--to take the steps I have chosen to follow Christ and live for Him 100% strong and sure.  I know that my path is not easy but it is good and will bring life to me and my own.  I would have it no other way.

"But the Lord has been my stronghold,
And my God, the rock of my refuge." (Ps 94:22)

No comments: