Wednesday, May 23, 2012


I am so excited that Tom finished learning to write and say the alphabet.  Step 2: Treasure hunts.  He's not motivated to read, so I'm going with this simple exciting method I learned from sister Amy.  I told him Pirates had visited the house and left a treasure.  

The only way to find it is to read the words.  I never saw him try so hard!!!  It really helped me see what he does/doesn't know since there was no attitude involved.  The two of them ran all over house and yard and shared the treasure: a small bag of yogurt raisins..  Yea for mom

Mission accomplished
Now I just have to repeat this 20 or 30 times...

2 comments:

Marissa said...

loved going on scavenger hunts as a kid...

mummers said...

Not that everything in school HAS to be a game, but it sure does ramp up the interest factor, doesn't it? Once a person is interested, they're hooked.