Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Unexpected.

Of One Thousand Gifts

630. "Thank you, Mommy" she said after I ponied her bangs and put FOUR headbands on her. No matter they were pink, fuscia and red...sequins and red rose and black netting...She felt beautiful and chose this moment to say these words....in English for the first time. I can't describe how my heart warmed....

She has been angry and hit and said mean words to me.. and maybe I would too if I had been abducted by large white aliens and trapped in a seat belt on a flying machine to who knows where. Yet He encouraged me to love my neighbor, when they are ungrateful and have contempt towards me. So I set my heart on Him, to please him and endure what may come. But this that came...was unexpected.

3 comments:

joan.ekimball said...

I love these vignettes of how the day to day is rolling out brave and faithful daughter.

xo

Mikey said...

Yes, feel free to post as much as you want about Aziza, don't feel bad. We are so curious as to what she's like.

romiina said...

hi,mi name is romina i´m argentinian and ramdomly i "fell" into your blog.
liked it for many reasons...the religion is a topic, also the homeschool...is a rare thing, just curious about.
about the lil girl...god bless you, i wish i can adopt one day.
love from buenos aires.