Monday, October 10, 2011

When waiting is hard and faith wavers.

So Jackson, our mini schnauzer, ran away yesterday. I felt so embarrassed. He ran away two days ago and I shared my testimony of how God answered prayer to the whole Sunday School... and we still didn't put a tag on him. I am struggling with God's process of waiting and his silence right now in my life in general and this little event took me over the edge. I felt little faith to believe God heard and cared. He had never been gone overnight and never made it back to our house without help before. Chad and I felt sad before bed last night, Rosebud woke my up this AM in tears over it...she started making lost dog signs and just as Chad was going to call 311, he heard a barking outside. His fine tuned ear knew it was him and he called. Jackson ran across the street straight to him. And I felt humbled. God is not answering me in other areas but this little test of his love for our family...was a message to me...to hold on, keep waiting...keep believing.

3 comments:

wyofaith said...

I'm feeling some of your pain on the dog thing- one of the reasons I cut Tack and not Royal was because Tack was running around town looking for girlfriends and Royal was staying home like a good little dog. I should have known he was just waiting for his hormones to kick in! blast! He's runaway overnight but always found his way home, and my feelings are if he got stolen it would save me some irritation. if it was Tack that got stolen it would be a different story!

wyofaith said...

and i do realise this post isn't really about dogs-just thought I'd share my pain.

Holly said...

u go girl