Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Beautiful Ugly on 47th Street

Living on the southside of chicago, I get so annoyed at all the Semi-trucks. They are ugly, hazardous, and tear up the roads. Their yards are an eyesore. Their graveyards which surround me on 47th street, too. Thinking how I could be grateful for them, it hit me: they are the symbol of a prosperous middle class. They are the trophy of a democratic society. Ethiopia struggles for this, ""In a country where good governance does not exist and where government is the land and business owner and the people are tenants, it is difficult to imagine that the private sector would prosper," said Lidetu Ayalew3 secretary general of the EDP." The individual just can't get ahead. The educated citizens are stuck in their government land owning state. How can I not thank God for these trucks? They are a picture of the triumph of our beautiful American middle class.

No comments: