Monday, November 22, 2010

Homeschool surprises

Abi spends alot more time than I did watching me cook, prepare for birthdays and holidays... today she wanted to learn to make eggs and asked, "How do I know they are done? What do I look for? What temperature is the fire on?"

The girls made $30 selling their toys after church on Sunday. It was Chad's brainstorm that came out of his character study time with them. Bethan was totally inspired and drove the whole project with her enthusiasm. Abi's organization was a big help as well. The hope is to use the money to make more bags for the homeless--a ziplock with water, snacks for the toothless, and a church invite. The homeless are so happy to hear the kids made it for them, too.

Abi drew a dissection of a chicken to explain to Tommy how the egg is formed in the chicken and comes out.

1 comment:

Mikey said...

pretty cool stuff, holly. i am SO pumped to see you guys soon!!!