Thursday, July 8, 2010

powerlessness

"Blame is our way of keeping busy so that we do not feel the pain of our powerlessness." This crazy feeling of powerlessness gets me in big trouble. I felt so powerless because of T's accident. Powerless to protect...and I wanted to blame myself...yet i knew that if i would have known that Tom would run out...I would have prevented it...I just didn't know. Powerless feelings...of wrong done to me, hurts done to me...of wrongs I've done to others...create big problems for me. But powerlessness reveals a great and wonderful truth. I am not God. I am weak, and I need God.

2 comments:

Mikey said...

i love that your posts are short and to the point, yet have so much depth at the same time.

Holly said...

thanks mike!...chad has them feeding fb so i feel self conscious about long posts looking strange over there...