Monday, April 19, 2010

Daddy O

Why do responsible people lose their liberty because of ignorant people's dumb choices?
Seat belt laws
Speed limits
The public school expanding to fill the whole day, all year starting at 3 years old?
Taxes for farm subsidies...

Are there no parents? Are there no responsible people?

It seems the government must step in the void and become OUR PARENT.

5 comments:

joan.ekimball said...

Usually your posts are a response to something you read, saw or experienced. What preceded this post Holly?

joan.ekimball said...

Also, what do you like about "Shower of Roses" the blog?

mummers said...

If one doesn't have internal government, it seems like external government comes in to fill the void...

Holly said...

and where is the end to that,momma? what heritage do i pass to my children? sorry kids...the government had to keep taking over because people were so ignorant and stupid. now they control the color of your underwear.

wyofaith said...

this is exactly why I love Chrlton Hestonn's statement "you can have my gun when you pry it out of my cold dead fingers."
When did taking an absolute stand for personal liberties become so wrong and hateful?
I'm tired of being told what to do by people who assume I have no commen sense.
I think our founding fathers would choke.