I find that men and women who are out of touch with their feelings use judgements to express their anguish. If there has been a wound, it comes out like a judgement towards so and so and what they did rather than deep sadness, feelings of rejection or unlovliness. The problem is that the judgement pushes people away. There is no solace because no one knows the TRUE person. They are alone in their pain.
If you struggle like this, I ask you, "Can you become real like the Velveteen Rabbit, poop and all?"
"Let me feel the weight of who you are and I will show you that I can handle it and I will bear it." Danny Silk
4 comments:
what would be an example of this kind of wound holly? i do not understand and i want to...
any kind really...could be small or big
clueless here....
A silly example: A boy sits next to another boy in the cafeteria and first boy envying the 2nd boys' carrot cake, grabs it and eats it in two bites. Later the first boy tells his mom, "That boy eats too much. His problem is that he doesn't know when to stop. He has no respect for anybody!" ***rather than saying*** "Mom, I felt so sad when that boy ate my cake. I was really looking forward to eating it."
Post a Comment