"Without your love, our lives would be...an unending tragedy." The older I get, the more I realize the pain in my life and those around me. Has anyone ever felt troubled processing the tragedy in their own life? That's why I love this line by Fred Hammond.
4 comments:
I don't know that I have experienced trajedy beyond what one can normally expect in life, but there is a sense of trajedy (the massive hand-to-head slap of "I could have had a V-8!!!!)when people realize at the end of their lives how different things could have been - maybe not even in the averting of events but in the way one could have gone through them. It can be a bittersweet time.
re: "The older I get, the more I realize the pain in my life and those around me":
my own life has totally been a journey w/God prying my hands off of my eyes, towards awareness. our loving Dad desires truth in our inward parts. He will gently pry your hands away, AND HEAL your grief holly. He will bridge this painful gap w/His broken body, shed blood, empty tomb and His tears of love for your very real pain.
two of my favorite verses for always are:
He is near to the brokenhearted.
He knoweth our frame....He remembereth that we are dust.
the Comforter reaches out to you Holly.
we must talk. i want to pray for you abt this.
i wd love to pray! The gospel is more precious to me now, as well. As you said joane mom...to cover my sin and others.
One I like too is
"A bruised reed he shall not break."
this seemed so compassionate to me.
Post a Comment