You know you are psycho when... you hang out with people who you know will mistreat you. Run away I say to myself. Chad always finds these people at church. And hugs them. I'm led to the end of love and feel a gentle nudging towards something deeper. Can I love the addicts?
8 comments:
Love is ALWAYS a choice, but some choices are easier to make than others. Beginning to love like Jesus is learning to love someone who is: rude, thoughtless, irritating, smelly with bad breath,obnoxious,etc. etc. It's always easier to choose the "nice" people, but your heart will always stay the same size if you don't venture a risk. He risked with me and it has made all the difference to my life - You can risk and have the same effect in someone else's life - but there are no guarantees that it will be a painfree experience. C'est la vie de chretien!
yea, i can't do it for the payback. most people give back and so you feel it as a give and take. embracing the pain because they aren't my source of life is the stretch point.
sometimes I just ask to see the child inside. Children are often easier to love than adults and we don't have any great expectations that they will love us in the same the way we love them. We just hope that having felt love they will be more capable of giving love. Would this help?
that's good. chad says that he speaks to the self, not the addict...same kind of deal. its true we treat children differently and there are parts of everyone emotionally stunted somewhere in childhood.
asking for a soft heart of mercy and compassion will help too hols. you have grown so much in this area, and taught me so much as well.
i've seen you do this....what are you saying? i've seen you look past the outer person and love w/God's big heart. i can tell you the people's names, and i can think of 2 of them right now. yes, right now.
grown and have much farther to grow!
It's hard because I start out giving a person like that love and grace and then they start sucking it from me like a leech.
At some point I think I feel offended like "I was willing to love you but now you are appropriating my love without asking."
This is where I don't like it. My right not to love is being infringed on by this person and Christ.
faith, sounds like you feel your boundaries are violated at some point--you feel victimized? i remember you describing a situation like that...
Post a Comment