Wednesday, November 27, 2019

A unique way to read the Thanksgiving story....

The Pilgrim story can be read devotionally by Christian families, it is that good.  I find it so inspiring like the saint or martyr stories of old.  Through mountains of trials and tribulations the Separatists show incredible faith and steadfastness.  From police arrests, to storms at sea, to poverty, sickness and starvation, the Separatists go through it all with their hearts and minds on the Father above, His Word, and his call to raise up the next generation for His glory. 

For family read-alouds, I have used sections of Bradford's personal journal, Of Plymouth Plantation.  It is phenomenal.  The true story is rarely told in a Colonial unit in the public school.  The prayers, circumstances and prophetic voice of the Christians help you trace God's unmistakeable hand.  I have also used the Light & the Glory for Children ( and read the adult version for myself).  I have repeatedly used their beautiful coloring activity book, as well.

No comments: