“On every level of life, from housework to heights of prayer, in all judgment and efforts to get things done, hurry and impatience are sure marks of the amateur.” Evelyn Underhill
The push point for me is that if I don't hurry what I feel I "have" to do, then I never get to what I WANT to do. I agree with E.U. but though I fall short of mastery with some things, other things I might at least attempt and I want to. I don't know that "not hurrying" is the answer, but rather letting go and simplifying the goals and desires and expectations of oneself. Especially if you are a choleric goal oriented "should" person like me. If I don't hurry, I will feel the pressure and lose the moment anyways for the feeling of anxiety about "needing" to get something done.
I need to look at the nasty mouse poop covered pantry shelves and relax--and that's hard.
No comments:
Post a Comment