Tuesday, May 4, 2010

End of the year


Lately, I have been absorbed in trying to plan next year which involves creating unit studies. Alot of work but I am thinking that the girls will be happier studying the same thing and overall it will take less time for me to teach them. So I am working on a Holland Unit study, A Germany Unit study, Shakespeare, Poetry etc... I still have big holes to fill in the year, and a method of teaching my plan to figure out.

It was a joy to discover that although I didn't do alot of intensive reading teaching to B, she is farther ahead than I thought. With a little work in the summer, she will be at first grade level in the Fall with everything but her Math! I think her success is do to hours on Starfall and a patient personality. She patiently sounds out words even if they don't sound right or sound like something she's never heard before. A has finished up her year except for spelling and math which she'll do into June. I'm looking forward to doing an awards night for both the girls...maybe a dress up with candles...affirmation and a small gift for all they have done this year.

A has improved in self government. She started her own day (No Nagging! was a command from Chad to me!)at 8:30 most of the year and when she started late...made up the time of her own accord later in the day.

B has been extremely patient with both of her intense siblings... not responding in anger or screaming when they were, when they hurt her with their words. She is more patient than me!

No comments: