And the LORD answered me: “Write the vision; make it plain on tablets, so he may run who reads it. Habakkuk 2:2
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Ted Haggard on Oprah
"His love is greater than all evil."..this quote from grandma Balon's funeral mass struck me. Sometimes the evil of the cycle of abuse ...that is: a child is molested and grows up to be a sex addict who's porn habit numbs him/her and causes him to molest another child or increase the porn industry which leads to more child molestation etc. etc. This evil overwhelms me at times. I am powerless to stop this cycle. Is God? No...his love is great than all evil. I see it in the "power of acceptance" when an addict receives love and acceptance when he/she relapses. I see it in God's offer of forgiveness to all regardless of the shamefulness of his sin. I hear it when a sister receives healing and release from shame from a childhood abuse. Or when a brother confesses and comes out of the closet about his phone sex addiction. I see it in a church willing to be open, honest, and accepting of one another. His love is greater than all evil.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Some good thoughts, Hol - but where did the Ted Haggard on Oprah title come from?
What did T.H. have to say. He seemed pretty sad in Newsweek last week.
I read the online article here: http://www.oprah.com/slideshow/oprahshow/20090115_tows_haggard/1
He seemed ok with himself and being honest about the past...like chad said that he had grown ...
i guess he had a tv show on cable where he was having trouble getting a job--i would be interested in seeing that but we don't have cable!
neither do we...i think the hbo show aired tues. I watched the youtube oprah of ted. Dunno hols.
Post a Comment