And the LORD answered me: “Write the vision; make it plain on tablets, so he may run who reads it. Habakkuk 2:2
Sunday, December 19, 2010
Girls skate first time!
I found a free rink in Hyde Park, "Midway Plaisance, " and enjoyed watching my girls skate for the first time. We thrifted their skates a few weeks back because we are reading, "Hans Brinker and the Silver Skates"and I was intent on them at least trying. I rented some skates today for $6 and loved skating to Christmas R&B. EVERYONE was falling down, too which was hilarious!
Labels:
Family fun,
Field Trip,
Literature,
primary grades,
y2,
y3,
y4
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So glad they got to experience gliding along on the ice. Your remark about a "free" rink made me think about the little pond I used to skate on when I was little. It was unheard of to think of paying to skate anywhere. Of course it was quite rustic: three large logs to sit on when you got cold and occasionally a fire at night... and sometimes you had to bring your own shovel to shovel the snow off the ice. The important thing is that the girls got to have the experience. You're a great Mom to make a way for them, Hols!
sounds idyllic mom...those were the days! i know we could freeze over the backyard...chad wd way be into that...and that would be free!
Thanks for the reminder about these books! I am forever trying to find books of quality for my girls to read. For some reason, not fostered by me, they are only interested in the more contemporary fiction which doesn't boost their vocabulary as well. Love the part about ice skating as well--you are such an inspirational homeschool mom! Thanks for taking the time to put your ideas down here for us newbie's!
Post a Comment